Friday, January 23, 2009

Live from The Bunker

So here I am, at The Bunker, Ybor City's best independent coffee shop, drinking coffee, listening to acoustic music and blogging in an attempt to become a stereotype supernova. I'm just one scruffy patch of unfortunate facial hair and a couple of piercings from causing the ironic implosion of the entire universe.
I'm not sure how many cups of coffee I've had but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be awake through the Superbowl. I'm basically vibrating around the room right now.
The 23-Year-Old is here and my energy level is driving her a little nuts:
"HEY, WANT SOME OF THIS MUFFIN?!?"
"I don't know. What kind is it?"
"SHE CALLED IT A MORNING GLORY MUFFIN!!"
"What's that?"
"REGULAR OLD MUFFIN, SERVED THROUGH A GLORYHOLE!!"
"I'm going to pass."
"COME ON, HAVE SOME MUFFIN!!"
"You're really going to need to settle down."
HA HA! Nope!
I'm going to be lots of fun to be around tonight!

I like coffee. A lot. But I usually don't get all wired up like this, where my ears are ringing like telephones. It reminds me of the time when I was managing a movie theatre down in Sarasota. We used to host a 10 day international film festival and each day was a 12+ hour affair. By the end, I was dragging. That's when one of my employees said, "Clark, I'm going to hook you up." He then proceeded to whip up the following concoction:

  • 64 oz. 7-Eleven Styrofoam cup
  • As much cappuccino as could fit and still leave room for
  • Three scoops of Nestle Quik powder
  • Eight packets of sugar
  • Mixed and poured over ice (to make it cold, so I could drink it faster)

I chugged it down and proceeded to spend the rest of the day running around on the ceiling. At one point, the employees told me I was talking so fast they couldn't understand what I was saying; "Heyweneedtogetthelobbycleanedbeforethenextshowisoverlet'sgolet'sgolet'sgo".
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Blogging from a coffee shop, killing time before heading back downtown to check out "
Lights On Tampa". Please keep The 23-Year-Old in your prayers.

2 comments:

Denis A. Baldwin said...

I'll have to check out the Bunker. I walked by it a few times last weekend, and I do love a good cup of coffee.

Also, that 64 oz concoction sounds like it'd be heavenly. :)

Why, it's Clark! said...

Aside from doing the trick (ie: keeping me wide awake), I recall that it was delicious.

And I can't recommend The Bunker highly enough...unless it gets so popular that I can't get a seat. Then I'll start trashing it in order to thin the herd a little.