Friday, December 21, 2007

Notice to Pit Bull Gym


When I got home from work today, I noticed fliers hanging from my downstairs neighbors' doorknobs. But when I got to my apartment, there was no flyer hanging on my doorknob. There also wasn't one hanging on the door of the apartment across from mine either. Now I'm not complaining that I didn't get a flyer. That actually pleases me. Not having to throw it away without reading it, which is what I would have done, helps me feel good about doing my part not to harm the environment. Plus, the time I save by not having to throw away fliers that I have no intention of reading frees me up for eating crackers with cheese on them, watching "Most Shocking" on television and other leisure activities. No, my point is that I live on the second floor. And Pit Bull Gym is, well, a gym. Presumably, a place where people go to work out and get in shape. Do you see where I'm going with this? What I'm trying to say, proprietors of Pit Bull Gym, a place where people go to work out and get in shape, is that the person responsible for going door-to-door to tout your fabulous pitbull-esque getting in shape services is too lazy to climb stairs. This is probably not the most effective use of marketing resources nor the message you want to send. As such, this is going to be the reason I use to not join your gym that I was not going to join anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know we were getting 20-30 free weeks from the flyers and signing up a min. of 15 new per month. The Door hangers do work, but the issue is that it is labor intensive. So we stoped for the moment. We are now starting to promote zumba classes and other classes to better appeal to the masses. We as a community gym do a lot for the community such as: Charity drives, food and toy drives, donations to homeless kids, Car washes for charity. We even have a program for teens the promote healthly lifestyles, good grades, and instill dedication and work ethic. I am sure mamy other gyms do not play a part in their community> You should be proud that we are here and what we do for the community you live in. Thank you for your comments.