Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A short conversation about loud music


"Well, so much for the county doing something about the volume of shows at the amphitheatre. I can hear every single note of Dave Matthews."

"Me too."

"Uh, I don't see how that's possible. It's five miles from my house but you live ten miles away from me. I mean, it's very, very loud, but..."

"Well, I don't know what to tell you. They're doing that godawful Soulja Boy song right now and it is crystal clear. Man, I don't even have my windows open!"

"I think that might just be your next door neighbor's music. That's not a Dave Matthews song."

"I don't know which one it belongs to but it doesn't really matter. They both play that shit loud as hell all the time and I'm getting tired of it."

"Who are you talking about?"

"My next door neighbors. Dave, and his roommate Matt."

"I'm talking about the loud music coming from the Dave Matthews Band concert at the amphitheatre."

"Oh. Well, you can't possibly expect me to be able to hear that from here, you doofus."

"I know. That's what I was trying to..."

"Not with Soulja Boy crankin' it or whatever he's doing right next door. Damn!"

"Well, in spite of his claims to the contrary, he's no Superman, that's for sure. Heh heh. Am I right?"

"What? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Nothing. Never mind. Listen, can you pick me up again tomorrow and Friday? And maybe a couple days next week?"

"Sure! Every day if you need me to."

"From the bottom? Ha ha!"

"Jesus, now what are you talking about, you freak?"

"Nothing. Never mind."
(Thanks, Char B.)

No comments: