Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ding-A-Ling

In case you don't know, my mom has been spending a lot of time in the hospital lately. Three times in the last two weeks. Most recently, she checked in yesterday morning, less than 24 hours after checking out. Here's how I found out this time...

Phone rings, I answer it:
ME: Hello?
FAMILY MEMBER: Hey, how's your mom doing?
ME: Oh, I thought I updated everybody. She's home. Says she feels good. Sounds good. She's fine.
FM: Wrong! She's in the emergency room right now!
ME (unspoken): Oh. I'm so glad you told me like that. Because now in addition to all the fun of being anxious and concerned for my mother's well-being, I get to feel stupid too. Bonus!

Don't get me wrong; I love this family member and I appreciate getting the info...but that's how we roll in my family, baby.

1 comment:

janey jay said...

Family. The tie that binds. Sending your mom get well wishes and you some TLC.