Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm so smoov

Today, I'm going to tell you a story about myself and how smoov I am. I'm sorry. I realize how arrogant this sounds but I can't help it. Facts are facts. And smoov is not smoothe; it's smoov.
There are two parts to this story, both of which factor into the overall smoovness of the matter.
1) One of my unofficial side duties as a writer for Raw Charge.com is to interact with other forms of media, such as appearing on radio shows to talk about the Tampa Bay Lightning and our web site's coverage of the team.
2) This is Lynne Austin.

Lynne is The Original Hooters Girl and was featured as a centerfold in Playboy magazine because she's hot. She currently co-hosts a sports show on the radio because she's funny. And she is actively involved in charity work with a number of organizations because she's a good person. She also happens to be a friend of mine. Not just someone I met out at a public gathering once or interviewed for this blog. No, she's someone I know. I actually have her phone number and I can call her up any time I want. Or any time I don't want, as it turns out (more about that in a minute).

Now, here's where I get downright smoov. Not smoothe; smoov.  
Tuesday morning at 7:30, I was a guest on Lynne's show (The Hooters Nation Morning Show, 1010 WQYK AM) to talk about the Tampa Bay Lightning and the wonderful things we write about at Raw Charge. When I was done, I texted a 'thank you' to Lynne, because that's the classy, polite thing to do and I try to be a classy, polite dude. What happened next was neither classy nor polite. That's when something in or near my pocket decided to send Lynne some text messages. Here is a transcript...

(8:23AM): Pppp

(8:23AM): Pppppppp

(8:23AM): Ppppp

(8:23AM): P

(8:23AM): Pppp

(8:23AM): P

(8:23AM): P

(8:24AM): P

(8:24AM): P

(8:24AM): P

(8:24AM): p

(8:24AM): P

(8:24AM): p

(8:25AM): p

(8:25AM): p

At that point, I was in my car on my way to work, listening to the remainder of Lynne's show on the radio. That's when I heard her announce to her audience that I had texted the letter 'P' to her 15 (actually 16) times in two minutes and that if I was listening, I should probably do something about it. I was and I did, but by then the smoovness was in full effect.
I don't know how many people who listen to her show wonder what they would do if they had direct access to a Hooters Girl/Playboy centerfold, but now they all know how I would handle that situation.
Smoov.

No comments: