Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let me sell your stuff!

Blabbity blab blab blah!
Hey business people or those of you who have something to sell, I'M LOOKING FOR YOU!
Oh hey, there you are. How's it going? Listen, I have this blog and recently I launched a podcast. And now, I am looking for sponsors.
STOP!
Hear me out. First...and best... of all, this will cost you nothing. Zero dollars. No money whatsoever. I will advertise your product or service for free.
What's the catch, you ask? Well, in terms of money, there isn't one. I was totally serious about this being free. Free now, and free forever*. But yeah, of course there's a catch. Ready? Here it is: I get to write the ad. Meaning, I get to say whatever I want. Some of you might be saying, "Yep, knew it. Bad idea. I'm out" because you automatically assume I'm going to say terrible things about whatever it is you're selling. And you're correct... if what you're selling is something terrible. Otherwise you're fine and have nothing to worry about. Here are two concrete examples of what I'm talking about...

GOOD PRODUCT
This month's episode of The Ridiculously Inconsistent Podcast is brought to you by Girl Scout Cookies. That's right, fantastic, wonderful Girl Scout Cookies. Order some today!

BAD PRODUCT
This month's episode of The Ridiculously Inconsistent Podcast is brought to you by the Westboro Baptist Church. That's right, the Westboro Baptist Church, the most inept hate mongers since the Nazis in a Mel Brooks movie. Fuck those guys!

See? Absolutely nothing to worry about unless you're responsible for some shitty product that makes life worse for people. And even then, it's still free! So sign up today, because we're planning March's podcast already!




* That's if you get on board now; I reserve the right to charge people up to their eyeballs if this thing takes off some day.

2 comments:

David D said...

I'll bite. I made a book of photographs of Brooklyn. Every neighborhood. People can buy it here: http://www.blurb.com/b/5018800-as-seen-in-brooklyn

Unknown said...

David,
Thanks! You are in! Listen for your ad on next month's (March) podcast!