Friday, May 23, 2014

Of course there's a gift shop at the 9/11 Memorial Museum

Let's be honest; the only thing that would have been more shocking and appalling than the new 9/11 Memorial Museum having a gift shop and snack bar is if it didn't have them. After all, there were over 46,000 casualties at the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863 and they have a gift shop there today. More than 1,500 died when the Titanic sunk in 1912 and today, you can rent an inflatable bouncy slide version of the doomed ocean liner for a kids party.
"Whee! I'm plunging to an icy death!"

Let's not waste time pretending that this is a new or sopmehow more tacky development. Come on. You know how we do. And though I can't really think of a lot of situations where it would be appropriate for me to pop on a 9/11 commemorative t-shirt, at least I know where I can get one. So let's go shopping!
A wide variety of souvenirs means there's something for everyone!

Blankets with our favorite corporate logo symbol of freedom

Jewelry!

Hey black teenagers, minimize your odds of getting shot with this memorial hoodie!

"Arf! Arf!", says your fuzzy first-responder in this doggy fireman's jacket

Scream blindly through your own miniature urban hellscape with these emergency vehicle replicas

Who is the most patriotic and introspective third baseman in your Thursday night softball league? You are, if you're wearing this hat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think they have a gift shop at the Holocaust Museum, do you?

Gail said...

Clark were you in NYC and didn't tell me? You Bastard (if so).

Unknown said...

Gail,
Nope! There is no way I would go to New York without giving you advance notice AND confirming plans to get together. You promised me a tour, remember?