Monday, August 31, 2015

What a Best year it has been!


Oh my goodness!
You have just over a week (September 8!) to go (Go! Go, Go, Go!!) file your grievances votes for Creative Loafing's 2015 Best of the Bay awards! It's the 25th anniversary, so kind of a big deal. Now, I am nominated in the following categories:

  • Best local sportswriter (me)
  • Best local blogger (me)
  • Best local personality to follow on Twitter (me)
  • Best local podcast (mine)
  • Best book by a local author (mine)
  • Best local stand-up comic (me)

I also have a rooting interest in a couple of other categories:


But I'm not here to campaign for your votes. I already did that.

I haven't voted yet, which is a lie, but when I do, I will be making the following selections and not voting for myself in those previously mentioned categories (that is not a lie) because that would be tacky.

BEST STOCK PHOTO OF ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE DINING

BEST STOCK PHOTO OF UNATTRACTIVE PEOPLE DINING

BEST MOST GLAMOROUS PHOTO POSSIBLE, REGARDLESS OF YEAR TAKEN


BEST TRAFFIC CONES WORKING HARDER THAN HUMAN BEINGS

BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE (SHORT-TERM MEMORY DIVISION)

BEST CAT

BEST STUPID T-SHIRT

BEST ORIGINAL HOOTERS GIRL


BEST ORIGINAL OPRAH

BEST WAY TO DISPOSE OF TREE LIMBS

BEST HANDS (HULK DIVISION)


BEST WEREWOLF

BEST SANDWICH

BEST HOT DOG

BEST STEAK

BEST STAKE

No comments: