Monday, February 22, 2016

Thank you!

(Don't bother reading this if you saw what I posted on Facebook last night. It's basically the same thing. Or go ahead and read it if that's what you want to do. I'm not hear to crush anyone's dreams. This has pictures, though. Do you like to look at pictures? Well, then sure, go ahead and check it out!)
"Sob, whine, boo hoo (not really)"
Well, the stand-up comedy tournament at Side Splitters is over for me. I was defeated last night by the hilarious Kyle Ruse and will not be making the jump from the Elite Eight to the Final Four. I feel as good as I possibly can after "losing". I did my best and Kyle was great. That's really all there is to it and I can't ask for anything more.

But how much fun was that?!? Come on! I mean the whole thing that started way back in August up to and including tonight. I'd have to say this entire experience, every single aspect of it, has been the coolest thing I've ever been able to do. I'm thrilled that so many of you got to share it with me. If I haven't already thanked you individually, I'm going to make an effort to do so over the next few days.

I do want to single out a few people here, if I can ask your indulgence one more time...

My unbelievably supportive co-workers. Thank you. I truly love my Amalie Arena Family.


Leslie Moselle and BT and everyone at Side Splitters. Thanks for the opportunity.


Jared Waters, JB Ball, Cam Bertrand Thanks for welcoming me into this family, your support and encouragement and for just being around at Side Splitters through this whole thing.


Vivienne Brown. Thank you for being in my corner. That means everything to me.


Thanks again to everyone who came out to one show or all the shows or who just offered encouragement. Let's all get in bed together and watch movies and eat ice cream!
Some of you are probably lactose intolerant, so maybe not.

Until whatever is next, that's my time, you've been great. Don't forget to tip your server.



PS:  I forgot to mention that if I had won, I was prepared to use the $500 to fly each and every one of you to Hawaii. Oh well, guess that can't happen now.
(I don't have a good grasp on what stuff costs).

2 comments:

Kathi said...

You will do this comedy thing again and all of us will be right behind you making faces. ROCK ON Clark, it's what you do!

Unknown said...

Nice to know I can count on your support! Thanks a billion!