Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Look at the size of that thing!

The other night, I was at her house where we worked on re-vamping her web site. It was very late and as I was getting ready to leave, she asked, "Do you want some cooties?" What I thought was, "Yeah I want some cooties! Your cooties? Absolutely, I want them! Gimme every germ you got!!" What I said aloud was more like, "Uhh, erm, huh?" And she said, "Do you want some Cuties?". Turns out she hadn't offered me her cooties. She had actually offered me a bag full of 'Cuties', which are tiny, seedless oranges grown in California.
Actual size
"Q: What is a CUTIE®?
A: CUTIES® are actually two varieties of mandarins: Clementine mandarins, available November through January; and W. Murcott mandarins, available February through April. CUTIES® have several distinct characteristics that make them the perfect anytime, anywhere snack. Unlike other mandarins or oranges, they are seedless, super sweet, easy to peel and kid-sized—only a select few achieve CUTIES® ’ high standards." - http://cutiescitrus.com/faq/

I ate two of them on my way home and they just might be my new favorite thing. They're about the size of a ping-pong ball and as easy to peel as it is to unwrap a Tootsie Roll or a Jolly Rancher. They're bite-sized oranges, fer cryin' out loud! They're great!

Although, if I'm being completely honest, I'd rather have her cooties instead.

No comments: