Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My my, where has the time gone?

Would you look at the date? My goodness, it's July 26th! That means July is practically over and it's almost August already. I just don't know where the time has gone. I swear, it seems like Christmas was just last week. And only two weeks ago that the Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
And it must have only been six months ago that we were up to our necks in all those negative presidential campaign ads. Is it possible that it was more than three and a half years ago since Kennedy was assassinated?
What about the Titanic sinking? I swear, I remember it like it was only a decade ago.
How long have women been allowed to vote now? More than 14.765 years?? Come on! I swear, it seems like only one, maybe one and three quarter centuries TOPS! since the Magna Carta was first issued.
Are you actually going to stand there and tell me that it's been more than 59 years since we found the first of the 825 to 870 scrolled religious documents, including texts from the Hebrew Bible, in those caves in and around the Wadi Qumran near the ruins of Khirbet Qumran on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea?
Ok, yeah, I didn't think so.

No comments: