Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Update

It's been a week (well, six days) since I got robbed and I'm fine. Thank you for all the well wishes; very much appreciated. While going through the process of dealing with the aftermath (replacing my driver's license, picking up a police report, figuring out how to get my hands on cash for gas and whatnot without a bank card or ID, etc.) a friend pointed me towards a website that offers assistance: http://www.211atyourfingertips.org/

I don't know why I never heard of it before now but it's incredible and should be in everybody's bookmarks. There are resources there for every conceivable crisis a person could encounter. Go there and add it to your list. If you don't need it now, you'll be glad you have it if/when you or someone you care about ever does. Unfortunately, it's Florida specific so if you don't live in the area, you'll need to contact someone locally and see if your area has something comparable.

No comments: