Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A trip to the grocery store

The grocery store is a great place to see strange things. Usually I don't have a camera with me. Today I did.
I love yogurt. It's like pudding that's good not that bad for you, it's available in a wide variety of flavors and comforting, soft, pastel colors, it's cheap and it often comes with little bonus features, like granola or fruit at the bottom. Or in this case, if the illustration is accurate, french fries and cheese wedges.



Do you even have an inkling how many different kinds of sea creatures can be processed, packed into tin cans and packaged in small, easy-to-stack boxes?



$12.99 seems like a lot for a half-eaten donut. Even with sprinkles.



This injectable marinade comes with it's own syringe! If a heroin addict ever asks you for grilled pork loin with "The Works", this may or may not be what they're talking about.



So that's what happens to them when they outgrow the band!




Kneel before me, minions. You have no choice in the matter, healthy or otherwise. You are now my gravy slaves.



This will be my last blog post until next Monday. It's not that I have any big plans, or any plans whatsoever for the Thanksgiving holiday (because I don't) but I'm going to take some time to work on the menu for the restaurant chain I'm opening overseas next year, that will offer European diners an authentic "American-style" dining experience. Basically, I'll be serving different combinations of grease and salt in colorful plastic bags. I don't see how it can possibly fail.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: