Sunday, March 29, 2009

A short conversation at the bat home office


"Sit down, Carl. What do you have for us? How was Washington?"

"Well sir, I have bad news..."

"Hit me."

"I couldn't get them to cease and desist with the constant association of us and vampires. I tried telling them it was a degrading stereotype and very hurtful to us. Apparently it's ingrained into the culture at this point and they just wouldn't budge."

"That's disappointing, Carl. A real downer."

"The trip wasn't a total loss, sir."

"Oh?"

"I was able to get an exclusive designation for our poop."

"..."

"From now on, it will be known as 'guano'. This is something no other species can claim."

"So...nobody can say 'bat shit' anymore?"

"Only as a modifying adjective for the word 'insane'. That's a special codicil I had built into the agreement."

"You're a genius, Carl! Good work!"

"Thank you, sir."

"Let's go drink some blood!"

1 comment:

Gail said...

I love this.