Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A short conversation in Hollywood


"Oh! Hi! How's it going."

"Hello. Good, good! Nice to see you. You look like you're in a hurry."

"Well, yes actually. Ha ha! I have a Visa commercial this morning and then I have another documentary and I've got to find some time somewhere to work on a video game."

"They do keep you hopping, don't they?"

"Ha ha! They sure do. You should know!"

"Yes. Yes, I should. If anybody should know, it would be me. For a very long, long time."

"Listen, I was going to call you. See how you're doing..."

"Me? I'm fine. I'm better than fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"No, no, I wasn't worried. I just wanted to--you know, I thought I should..."

"Listen, I know what you're getting at and it's fine. Really. There's no problem between us."

"Really? I'm so glad to hear you say that because..."

"After all, we have a common bond in that we both portrayed characters in the 'Star Wars' saga."

"..."

"Granted, my character was the center of the entire story and has evolved into a true cultural icon. But your character was an important part of moving the story along."

"I wasn't in--I think you might be thinking of Samuel L. Jackson. That wasn't me."

"Oh. So only one of us was in 'Star Wars'?"

"Yes. Correct."

"Yeah, well, remember that."

1 comment:

Jessie said...

LOVED.

IT.