Thursday, June 10, 2010

My next new favorite show

This is a preview for a show called "Mr. Sunshine", set to debut on ABC some time next season.


I used to work in sports and entertainment in the arena business and it is truly a crazy industry. Everybody, and I mean everybody I worked with, was constantly saying that somebody should write a book or make a show about it. I think there's so much material to cover, a show is the best bet. The writers for this one should never run out of ideas. For example, this clip didn't even mention psychotic concert promoters, which on a given day are far more difficult to deal with than a pack of ax-wielding circus clowns. I'm ready to fall in love with this show already. The cast is very good and the jokes in this clip are funny. My only fear is that mainstream audience (ie: non-industry geeks) finds the situations too outlandish. Trust me, as a former industry geek, that would be just about impossible.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Nobody in the outside world would ever believe, Sir ...

Unknown said...

I'm afraid you're right.