Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Muffin update: enter The Wood Guy

Huh huh huh. Wood.
This here is my friend Kirk Moss, also known as The Wood Guy. Kirk is an award-winning artist who lives in the Seminole Heights neighborhood of Tampa where he makes things. Out of wood. I bet the pioneers wish they'd thought of that. Maybe they wouldn't have all died off and the United States wouldn't have needed to be re-populated by visitors from another planet (hey, thanks again Xyklon 9!). I don't know why I didn't include him under the "Artists I like...and feel good about recommending" section prior to now but he's in there now. He does amazing work. I've included some photos so you can see for yourself. You can also check out his web site or you may find him at one of the local markets held around here on weekends. 




If you're wondering what any of this has to do with muffins or fighting cancer, well, Kirk is also a veteran member of our Relay For Life team, Team Daddy-O Alley Katz. Last night he told me he is working on a walking stick for Relay that will have a glass ball on top with a light inside of it. As it turns out, I am fresh out of light-up pimp canes and may be absconding with that particular item if he turns his back on it during Relay. 




OR MAIL CHECKS AND/OR MONEY ORDERS (payable to The American Cancer Society) TO ME AT:

3655 Coopers Pond Drive, #202,
Tampa, FL, 33614

No comments: