Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sexyism

We've covered odd, inappropriate advertising here before. Apparently, it's a trend that isn't going away any time soon, as evidenced by this example from Belvedere Vodka...
Advertising is intended to convey messages and that's often done by conveying a lifestyle, or at least aspects of a lifestyle, right? Okay Belvedere, I hear ya...

Look at the look on the woman's face. She's terrified. Ha ha ha ha! Man, that makes me want some vodka and some sex and imposing my will on someone and not necessarily in that order. Hey fellas, why can't bitches be more like premium vodka, am I right? Belvedere Vodka: Mmmmm, rape-y!

2 comments:

Number Whisperer said...

I wondered if that was a legit ad. So I googled it. Did you know it was only up an hour and still it went viral? I don't know WHAT that ad agency was thinking...

Unknown said...

Oh, it's (was) real all right. I would guess the logic behind it was exactly what happened:
1) Release it.
2) Take complaints.
3) Pull it.
4) Apologize.
5) Reap benefits of publicity.

As such, I feel kind of bad for contributing, however slightly.