Monday, March 30, 2015

There's fame and then there's FAME


People ask me if I want to be famous. Well, yeah. Of course I do. Between the blog and the podcasts and the stand-up comedy and all the other attention seeking activities I indulge in, it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise. I'm selfish, though. I want a certain, very manageable level of fame. Because there is fame and then there's FAME. I certainly don't want my name and face on a fleet of semi-truck trailers. That's way, way, way too much pressure and I don't know how people deal with that. 
No, I want to be famous like curling is famous in the Winter Olympics. Every four years, if people would find me quirky and interesting enough to be amused and pay attention to me for two weeks or so, that would be just about perfect, I think.

No comments: