Thursday, January 01, 2009

Resigned...



Resigned, as in "I can resolve to do, or not do, something this year but I'm resigned to the fact that I most likely won't, or will, do it anyway."

In 2009, I hereby resolve that I WILL (probably not, in spite of my honest best intentions):

  • Develop patience.
  • Stop buying sushi from the grocery store.
  • Organize my baseball card collection.
  • Grow out of wanting to collect baseball cards.
  • Become someone who knows about and appreciates wine.
  • Get over it.
  • Learn Spanish.
  • Renounce McDonalds and all the delicious and convenient evil it stands for.
  • Go on a cruise. Or at least a vacation.
  • Quit complaining about traffic.
  • Quit complaining about the weather.
  • Quit complaining about the weather while stuck in traffic.
  • Stop opening emails from people I don't know just because my name appears in the subject line.
  • Not ignore positive feedback.
  • Dwell incessantly on negative feedback.
  • Care at least a little less about the outcome of professional sporting contests than the individuals who actually get paid to play them.

No comments: