Friday, January 09, 2009

All right, Marissa. I'll play your game.

Meme's are not normally something that appeal to me me. But I was tagged to participate in this one by Marissa, and in the spirit of being a good sport, I'll go ahead and do so...reserving the right to alter any and all rules and parameters at any time and in any way for any reason I deem fit. I think that is excessively fair in my favor. So without further ado-do, here's a meme called:

SIXTEEN THINGS
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you (Note: I'm not tagging anyone. See the caveat above. Believe me, I'm far more interested in learning things about you than I am in teaching you anything about me.)
  1. I have never tried to wear contact lenses but I'm sure I wouldn't like them.
  2. I have seen far too many movies that feature the destructive power of lasers to ever consider letting a doctor aim one into my eyeballs.
  3. I just like wearing glasses, okay?
  4. I like hats.
  5. I am extremely good at holding grudges.
  6. I appreciate the unique opportunity to experience being a racial minority by growing up in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
  7. I am a pretty good cook.
  8. I have never been west of St. Louis, Missouri.
  9. I am unmercifully self-critical.
  10. I would rather eat chicken or fish than steak any day of the week.
  11. I am jealous of people who had great, life-changing relationships with school teachers when they were kids.
  12. I wanted to grow up to be John Lennon when I was a teenager.
  13. I would be living in Frankfurt, Germany if not for strict U.S. Army outprocessing policies.
  14. I like hockey 100X more now that I live in Florida than I did when I lived up north.
  15. I am not comfortable writing sentences that start with "I".
  16. I refuse to reveal more than 15 things about myself in one sitting.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

OK, so I'm really slow on the draw and behind on reading. Thank you for doing this. Thank you even more for continuing to wear specatacles and allowing me a livelihood.