Monday, June 23, 2014

The only thing worse than soccer fans is people who hate soccer

I hate the people who hate these people
I don't care for soccer. It's no big deal. I've made honest efforts to get into it and it simply doesn't appeal to me. That's all. No big tirade. I just don't care for it.
Meanwhile, everybody knows the World Cup is going on right now. That's fine. When people approach me and they're all excited about it, I smile patiently, maybe give them a high-five or a fist-bump and go about my business. Again, it's not a big deal.
However, standing right behind me are a bunch of mouthy fart-sniffing pricks who hate soccer. Ugh. When those people approach me and want to tell me how soccer sucks, I turn and head in the opposite direction.
"You wanna know why soccer sucks?"
Nope, I do not. I have my own reasons for not liking it and I certainly don't need nor want to hear yours.
"Okay, for starters..."

Motherf... what did I just say?!?
Honestly, it's like the way that some atheists are worse... much, much worse... than some religious zealots. Because while wild-eyed maniacal enthusiasm is tiresome (and in some cases, scary), it's still nowhere nearly as annoying and soul-crushing as the condescending, self-important prattle billowing from blowhard know-it-alls. These are people under the sad, ill-informed, self-mandated belief that anybody thinks that what they say is in any way important or even slightly influential.

There is absolutely no chance that this person is going to change their behavior because of anything you say.

Look, the World Cup will all be over in a few days. In the meantime, if you aren't into it, just leave the people who are having a good time alone, you miserable, joyless humps. 

No comments: