Monday, November 09, 2015

Customers (like me) and the huge corporations (like Bright House) that love (hate) them (me).

I tried to use my phone Wednesday morning to access the internet and found myself having to log in to my account with Bright House, my cable provider. This proved problematic because it didn't recognize my user name and/or password. That took three phone calls and about 45 minutes to resolve but I was finally able to access my account on my computer. However, I still couldn't do so on my phone, and as a result, I was unable to access most of the features on my phone...

Okay, I just realized how "first-world problems" this is and I recognize that in the big picture, it's not that big of a deal. I have a roof over my head. I don't miss meals. There are no lives at stake here. Let's not focus on the admittedly whiny, bitchy problem but rather the level of "response" given to me, a paying customer, by a multi-million dollar corporation that spends a lot of that money on commercials, patting themselves on the back over how great their customer service is. Okay? Okay.

...so I went on Twitter to bitch about it:
The change never took effect in regard to my phone, though. A rep responded, and offered assistance via a private message dialogue. And here's how that went. 




It starts to get weird right here, in more ways than one...

 I felt kind of bad. I work in customer service and I know it's hard when you're trying to resolve someone's problem and they're pissed off. I tried really hard to be polite and diplomatic. But I have an extensive history of not being able to resolve problems with this company.


Oh Goddamn it...

God DAMN it!!



God. Damn. It.

This all happened Wednesday (November 4) afternoon. Today is Monday (November 9) and I'm still waiting on that update or any further communication at all for that matter.

No comments: