Thursday, July 21, 2016

This again? Yep. #CLBOTB

Welcome to the one and only plug I'm doing for this year's Creative Loafing's "Best of the Bay Award" on behalf of myself.
Voting is open now and the only award I care about winning is "Best Local Blogger", and that's just because I have 10 years invested in it now, so an award would be kinda nice but it's not that big of a deal. Unless I win, of course, then it's huge.
I don't even know if I'm nominated in anything else and I honestly don't care. I'm not trying to influence you other than to say that if you plan on voting and you happen to come across the blogger category (it's located under "People, Places and Politics") and you can't think of someone else to toss a vote at*, I'll take it. That's all.
Also, please follow the rules...
"THE FINE PRINT: One (1) ballot per email address. CL reserves the right to disqualify ballots in cases of ballot stuffing, inactive (read: fake) email addresses, or other blatant attempts to game the system. Just be cool."
I don't for a minute think anybody would do any of that and I only mention it because at least one local radio co-host is still jammed up that I won a couple of these things last year. But he pronounces my name correctly when he goes on the air and accuses me of being a huge fraud and a cheat so that's fine too.



* If you're stumped and would like some additional suggestions, here are a few...
  • BEST LOCAL ACTIVIST: Mariella Smith
  • BEST LOCAL INTERNET RADIO SHOW: Spike On The Mic
  • BEST PODCAST: Spike On The Mic
  • BEST LOCAL SINGER/SONGWRITER: Rebekah Pulley
  • BEST INSTRUMENTALIST: Rebecca Zapen
  • BEST LOCAL ACTRESS: Vivienne Brown
(All of these entries should be on the ballot because I nominated them. If they're not, um, vote for someone else or nobody, I guess.)


1 comment:

Mariella said...

Thank you for nominating me! I voted for you for everything before I even saw this post.
:)