Friday, September 23, 2011

There's something to be said for consistency

Another Loafies, another loss.
Or another way to put it is I didn't win a Creative Loafing Tampa Bay Best of the Bay award for Best Blogger.
Again.
Or yet another way to put it is I was named a runner-up...so that's pretty cool.


I didn't even place in the Twitter category so
let's pretend I didn't care about that one
 The award went to Olga "Localista" Bof for her work on St. Pete's iLovetheBurg. I didn't go to the awards ceremony this year because I had something else to do I'm too cool for that. But here is my brief, bullet-pointed summary of the whole thing...


CONGRATULATIONS:
  • Best Local TV Weatherperson - Steve Jerve
  • Best Underrated Local Pop Star (that's a thing?) - Jeremy Gloff
  • Best Home Furninshings - Ikea Tampa
CONDOLENCES
THANK YOU
  • Everybody who voted for me - Seriously, I'm flattered beyond words. Thank you so much for your support. It really is a tremendous honor to have people appreciate you and what you do and I'm truly, truly grateful for it. I'll make it up to you somehow. You too, Peter Scorsch.
  • God - For the end of awards season already, finally. I'm officially declaring an extended break from gratuitous pluggery on this blog starting....now.

3 comments:

ronnyelliott said...

I'm way happier with a clarkie! Thanks.

Unknown said...

I think you should start "The Clarkies" !

and why is my word verification "licksbe" ?

Unknown said...

Maybe I will. That could be fun! Hmmmm...
"Licksbe" sounds like the name of a chronically unemployable butler.