Sunday, January 27, 2008

Too much, too soon


I'm just wondering, how much do you have to hate gay people to find humor in the untimely death of a young actor who played one in a movie?
I'm guessing we'll find out as John Gibson becomes the latest contestant in the "Oops! Now I am very, very sorry" sweepstakes, the only game show where just about everybody cashes in except for the person playing it.
On a somewhat related note, I'm also wondering why things that happen to Heath Ledger, Owen Wilson, Brad Renfro are (for the most part) handled with sensitivity and respect while the lives of Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse are treated with all the dignity of recurring sketches on Saturday Night Live.
I don't have any answers. Like I said, I was just wondering.

1 comment:

gadzooks64 said...

Excellent point, Clark.

I, personally, am tired of watching the trainwrecks of the young HO(llywood)s be they men or women.

Unless of course they have nekkid pictures of the men - then I'm all about it.