Sunday, January 06, 2008

New stuff

Three quick things...
  1. I added some new links over there to the right. I included Denise and Gadzooks because in spite of the remarkably poor judgement they exhibit by reading this blog on a regular basis, they inexplicably don't hate me. Cracked is there because it is a very funny site and I hold only a minimal grudge against them for screwing me out of a subscription when they were publishing a magazine. And Stuck In the 80's is there because, at least to some degree, I am and so are you, whether you want to admit it or not.
  2. I am now actively occupying an apathetic presence on Facebook as well as MySpace. I don't do very much with either one of them but I like Facebook better if for no other reason than it doesn't look so tacky that it would make an airbrush artist at the state fair blanch. I've looked around a little and have yet to see a single picture of a diamond encrusted teddy bear holding a bouquet of roses asking "Won't you (sniffle, whimper, sob, whine) be my friend?" while a James Blunt song plays in the background.
  3. I was off line for a couple of days but I got a new computer this weekend. My old ("old" in terms of computers and perishable food items only) died and I had to get a replacement. Unless you are highly savvy when it comes to technical matters, shopping for computers is the worst. Worse even than buying a new car. You're expected to compare items that all look alike, yet are completely different, based solely on criteria that's presented like this: Intel® Core™2 Quad desktop processor Q6600; 2GB memory; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 500GB hard drive; Windows Vista Home Premium versus Intel® Core™2 Duo desktop processor E4500; 3GB DDR2 memory; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 500GB hard drive; Windows Vista Home Premium with TV tuner. Which one is better? Hell if I know; they're exactly the same price on Best Buy's web site. Look, why can't they just list the features I might actually be interested in, like which one blocks friend requests from people with hideous MySpace pages?

3 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

I despise MySpace with a purple passion. I never realized what bad taste EVERYBODY has until I saw the myspace pages. OMGWTF are these people thinking?

Facebook >>>>> MySpace

PC note: unless you are a gamer, number cruncher, or graphic designer just about any PC/Laptop will be able to do what you want. Go for price and reliability.

gadzooks64 said...

Facebook>>>>>MySpace

Who knew all those people could be so tacky? And, I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR FAVORITE SONG WHEN I LOAD YOUR PAGE. IT'S YOUR FAVORITE SONG NOT MINE.

Ok, I feel much better now.

Anonymous said...

The Internet sucks - except when you make some of your money by other people being bad at using the Internet. For this, I LOVE MYSPACE!

Thanks for the shout out. We need to eat some damn Village Inn food together again soon.