Friday, March 14, 2008

I hear more things...

As I mentioned before, I frequently find myself hearing things when I'm out and about. I don't consider it eavesdropping; it's honestly not my intent to listen to other people's private business. I guess I just have good ears. I can't help hearing what I hear. And sometimes I hear truly amazing things (to me, anyway) that make me wish I was participating in the conversation and 100 miles away at the same time. Such as tonight, at dinner, when I heard this snippet of dialogue from a nearby table:

"Me and Bobby had two shots of Jack as soon as we got to the funeral home."

Rough day for a couple of undertakers? Honoring a dearly departed drinking buddy? Country music songwriters on a dinner break?
The mind fairly boggles.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I need to start pricking up my ears more often and writing down what I hear. This could make for fun blog fodder. Thanks, Clark!

janey jay said...

Love that. I'm an active eavesdropper -- I wish I could pin it on my excellent hearing, but it's my inherent curiosity (read: nosiness) that's really to blame.