Monday, June 01, 2009

La Di Da

This past Saturday night, I went to La Di Da, a creative event put on by Square 1, held at The Ritz in Ybor. I've wanted to attend an event at The Ritz for a long time because it's a great venue. Originally a movie theatre that opened in 1917, it now has multiple spaces that can be used individually or opened up for one big event. And La Di Da was huge. Featuring dance, music, fashion and art by more than 75 local artists, there was literally something for everyone. My only complaint would be that there was so much stuff and it was so packed that it was difficult to move around and see everything there was to see. And I don't know if people were expecting an earthquake, but why were so many people stopping and mingling in doorways of all places? As a result, I didn't stay as long as I would have liked. Although, you certainly can't expect anyone to apologize for their effort being too successful, can you?
I look forward to seeing what Square 1 does next and would love to get back inside The Ritz and take some more pictures. In the meantime, here's one I took entering the foyer:

No comments: