Saturday, June 06, 2009

A short conversation about The End of Days


"I'm not going outside today."

"Why not?"

"Do you not know what today is?"

"It's June 6th."

"Yes! June 6th, 2009. 6-6-9. Do you know what that means?"

"It's how today is listed on the calendar, which is the sequential system of reckoning time, with reference to the beginning, length, and divisions of days, months, years and centuries?"

"Yes, exactly! The Mark of the Beast, signalling that the end of the world is nigh! Armageddon. Judgement Day!"

"I thought that was 6-6-6?"

"A 9 is just an upside down 6. Didn't you go to Sunday school?"

"So why are you staying inside all day?"

"The streets are going to run red with blood and the world is going to be consumed in fire. I don't want to be out there in that. I just put new batteries in my smoke detector and I have a fire extinguisher. I like my chances a whole lot better in here than out there."

"Don't you think you had more of a legitimate reason to worry three years ago, on June 6th, 2006? The actual 6-6-06?"

"..."

"I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Probably."

2 comments:

Gail said...

Did religious nuts really get an apocalyptic boner about today's date? Weird.

Unknown said...

Kinda.
More importantly, have you heard the new Apocalyptic Boner album? Epic!