Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tonight, we party!

Tonight is the big shindig to celebrate the release of the book. I invited more people than could come. In some cases, I knew there was no way they'd be able to make it, either because they're very far away or busy or both. But I couldn't let something minor like a logistical fact keep me from inviting them. That would seem rude to me. Anyway, if you're coming, it's from 7:30pm to 9:30pm at the Firestick Grill, which is the restaurant at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

PARKING - Your best bet is the Forum West lot, which is accessed off of Florida Avenue. You might see other lots and think, "oh, I probably won't get towed". Do not make that mistake. Because you will get towed and getting your car back will be nightmare. Seriously. Don't do it.

DRESS IS CASUAL - Seriously, don't dress up. I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Ladies, feel free to throw on whatever you would for a Hollywood awards show or if George Clooney called you up after 10pm. No big whoop. Everybody just needs to relax, be comfortable and have a nice time.
Oh, if you're bring a guest who doesn't know better, tell them it's a costume party. I think we'd all get a good laugh out of that.

As I mentioned, everybody who was invited can't come. Here are some of the best RSVPs I've received...

"I wish I could be there in person, but instead will be there in spirit!!! Congrats, my cousin, so happy for you!" - my cousin Diane

"I'd walk up the stairs (or take the elevator) for you any day! Congrats!!!" - friend, co-worker and author in her own rite, Charlene Beverly

"I am so excited! I hope it's ok but I'm bringing a date....or two!" - my friend Kathi, who is apparently a swinger now. Lovely.

"Can't wait! I am sooooo proud of you." - my friend Renee with multiple O's

"Can't do any weekday vacations for the next year thanks to the new job, but I'll be there in spirit. Congratulations, Clark! It's a great feeling!" - Peevish Penman colleague Jody Aberdeen, in Toronto.

"I wish I could be there. I got a better idea, when you make your butt load of money off the sale of this book within mere hours of publication, like I know you will, I bought mine already, come back up here to the midwest & throw another party!" - my sister Connie, with the best idea she's had since... well, it's a very good idea!

"I'm buying a bottle of cheap champagne to toast in your honor since I can't physically be there. Just know that I'll be toasting several times." - Marissa Rapier, the pride of Kankakee

"I'll be there in spirit. In real life I will likely be in bed." - one of my writing partners with The Unbelievables, Jeff Hickmott in the United Kingdom

Isn't that nice? I hope the party is fun.

No comments: