Friday, August 29, 2014

Well, of COURSE I did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Did I really think I was going to get away without having to participate in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? You know, for a second there, I kinda did.
I thought I was flying low enough below the radar that I wouldn't have to endorse (or condemn) something that has become a true pop culture phenomenon that people seem to either absolutely love or completely despise (personally, I think ultimately it's a good thing and I don't entirely understand certain complaints about it).
"Augh, I'm so tired of these stupid videos! Here's another 50 of them that I feel compelled to watch for some reason, even though I have the freedom to do whatever I want and something I'm not actually required to participate in shouldn't bother me that much! Augh!"
But no, I should have known better. I should have guessed that somebody would nail me eventually. Finally, the other day my Unbelievables writing partner Jeff Hickmott challenged me (I didn't think people from the UK were allowed to challenge Americans any more. What the hell was the point of the damn Revolution?). He also challenged our other partner Michael Noble and he's already complied like a champion. But here's mine. I accepted the challenge and complied, albeit with some difficulty...


You are officially "on the clock" Ronnie Elliott, Rob Pastore, Rebekah Pulley, Spike Slater and Renee Warmack.

No comments: