Thursday, June 02, 2016

Here's me, not telling you what to do

Guess what time it is?
It's Creative Loafing Best of the Bay 2016 time!

Woop woop!

As you may recall, after years of various levels of passive-aggressive campaigning, I finally won last year.
I got mine!
Thank you, thank you (and suck it, Susan Edwards).

Now, being as that was the successful conclusion of a quest, I don't feel like I need the validation that comes with winning an award like that. Please don't vote for me. Actually, at this point they're accepting nominations. Voting comes later.

So don't nominate me and then also don't vote for me later.
Unless you want to.
Who am I to tell you what to do?
Do whatever you want.

You have so many options! Here they are, along with the consequences of each action, because an informed voter is a voter who is informed:

  • Don't nominate anybody or vote for anything at all. PRO: Saves time. CON: I probably won't win, which is fine.
  • Nominate somebody besides me, whomever you want, and then vote for them later. PRO: Somebody who is not me will win, which is fine. CON: I definitely won't win, which is fine.
  • Nominate me if I'm the somebody you want to nominate, then follow up with voting later. PRO: I might win, and that would really piss off the haters who were super-jammed about me winning last year, which would be kind of hilarious. CON: I might not win, which is fine.
The choice(s) is (are) yours. Whatever you decide to do is fine. Honestly.

No comments: