Saturday, September 06, 2008

DogTown: Saving the Micheal Vick dogs

Without getting into the debate on whether or not former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Micheal Vick is a human piece of excrement (hint: he is), the National Geographic Channel has produced an excellent documentary on the rehabilitation of some of the dogs seized at Vick's "Bad Newz Kennels" after his arrest. It's a special two hour episode of the series "DogTown" that is heart-breaking, infuriating and ultimately uplifting. It airs again Sunday morning at 11:00AM.

Getting back to Michael Vick, the fact that I am completely incapable of understanding or tolerating people who exploit and abuse animals (or any weaker creature for that matter) is the primary reason why I could never, ever be a cop. Hopefully, there is still a line of work I could get into some day though:


"Hey Satan, who's the new guy?"
"His name is Clark. I've assigned him to working with bullies."
"Wow. He's...enthusiastic."
"Yeah, he's really committed."
"Maybe a little too...? I mean, we are demons and this is Hell, but..."
"I try not to think about it, Larry."


Yeah, I think there are demons in Hell named Larry. You got a problem with that?

No comments: