Friday, December 18, 2009

Some happiness for you...

A friend received some good news from her doctor the other day: the results of her biopsy were negative. Now, I know what you're thinking; since when do doctors give people good news and how can negative results be good? Well, I don't know about the first question but it was a biopsy, bi means two, and that's a double negative which makes it a positive. Like when you say "I don't not want pie" or "I can't get no satisfaction" because you really DO want some pie (and you know you do) and while you can't always get what you want, if you try some time, you just might find you get what you need. Perhaps some nice fresh fruit instead.

This news inspired me to raise my
Relay For Life goal again. I'd already doubled it once from $250 to $500 and thanks to many of you generous people, I hit the $500 mark fairly quickly. So I've doubled it again to $1000. I know that's a lot of money and I might not get there, but I'd rather keep trying to raise as much money as possible and fall short than reach a milestone and coast. Because ultimately, when it comes to fighting cancer there's only one goal that matters and it has nothing to do with an arbitrarily chosen number (this is something I tried, and failed, to impart to my fellow team members when I was team captain last year).
Anyway, if you've already contributed, thanks again! If you haven't,
please consider doing so. You can give as little as a dollar and it will be sincerely appreciated. Either way, in the spirit of celebrating good news, please enjoy this...



Click here to make a secure donation to the American Cancer Society via my Relay For Life page. Thanks!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I get an "extra" check this year. Look for my name on the tally board shortly after that. You know how much I love to support Relay for Life :)

Unknown said...

Yes, yes I do. And more importantly, I know what kind of person you are, which is why I love you. : )