Monday, May 03, 2010

Have we met before...?

This is a poster outside of the drive-thru lane at my bank. The model's appearance is very striking to me. She was obviously chosen because of her distinctive, yet ethnically ambiguous appearance. Is she Caucasian? Light-skinned African American? Hispanic? It's impossible to tell. These marketing people, they're very crafty when it comes to this stuff. She's (well, They're) saying "Come on in! Everyone is welcome at this bank! We take care of everyone's money here!" It's an image to make people of different cultures feel comfortable and safe.
Yet, there's something else about her...something so familiar...but so strange at the same time. Let me look closer and think...think...
It's driving me crazy. Where have I seen you before?
Ah yes! I remember now!

No comments: