Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hey, what the #@%& is going on here?!?

If you're wondering why I haven't been publishing this blog lately, or been on Facebook, Twitter or even replying to emails, the short story is that I have no computer.
The slightly longer story is that I had two computers, a PC and a laptop, and they both crapped out, for two different reasons, within four days of each other. This confluence of events, along with my recently confirmed status as mentally deficient and some other stress factors going on, caused me to see this as a sign from the universe, a rejection letter from God ("Thank you for your submission. Unfortunately at this time, it's not what we, meaning everybody, are looking for. I'd wish you success in your future writing endeavors but that would kind of be the opposite of what I'm trying to convey here, which is for you to shut up, and frankly I get in more than enough trouble as it is with messages that seem to contradict each other, so I'm going to dispense with that and just say stop it. Please and thanks."). Of course, that's an absurd assumption, but it still sent me into a funk that was severe enough to make me not want to write even if I had a means to publish it.
The bottom line is that until I figure out how to get myself another computer (robbing a liquor store is still an option), publishing is going to be sporadic at best. I'm not above going to the library, which is where I'm writing this now, and using the computers there, although if God really is trying to shut me up permanently (and if that's the case, by the way, I found the bone you put in my food last night. Nice try.), I'd hate to be even partially responsible for a library getting struck by lightning.
Anyway, see ya when I see ya. Hopefully sooner than later because I miss this. A lot.

1 comment:

RottenMom said...

I will be patiently waiting. (No pressure or anything to rob that liquor store!)

I just want you to know that I really, really, really, look forward to your posts.

I can always count on you to make me laugh.