Monday, May 18, 2015

Yesterday

A no-show. Although to be fair, I don't think he was invited.
Yesterday (last night, actually), I finally got to perform stand-up comedy at Side Splitters, something I've been looking forward to for months and it went even better than I could have ever hoped for. The place was packed and the crowd was just beautiful. It was nice that some friends managed to make it out. I appreciate that more than I can express. I'm glad that they got to see some really good comics, including the incredible JB Ball, Rio Paris, and Jared Waters among others. Sean Patton, who had been the headliner at the club all weekend did a set of new material (thank God I didn't have to follow him). As far as my performance, I think I did okay. I'm deliriously happy with how the whole night went and I hope to share audio and/or video from it soon, in about a week or so.
Huge thanks to everyone who came out and made it possible; Side Splitters management and staff (especially the very funny Mike Morris, who handled the hosting duties), all the comedians who performed and everyone who showed up to enjoy a great night of live entertainment on a late Sunday night.

No comments: