Monday, August 17, 2015

Thanks for another beautiful night!

Last night, I had the opportunity to go up on the main stage in the big room at Side Splitters as a competitor in the first round of their annual comedy tournament. This was as big a deal for me as going up at the Improv a couple weeks ago and it was an equally fantastic all-around experience. So many friends came out in support, including a huge contingent from work. I love my Tampa Bay Lightning family! Right now, in fact, I pretty much love everybody.
I won my match-up versus Nancy Cannon and received compliments on my set from both featured performer Forrest Shaw and headliner Nick Griffin, both well-respected and established professional comedians. The always incredible J.B. Ball was the host and it was a tremendous comfort to have a supportive friend there in that role. It was easy to invite people to come out and see what would obviously be just a great show.
NICK GRIFFIN!!

When I got into this back in January, doing my first open mic, Jeff Rey's "Leg Up Stand Up", at the Double Decker Lounge in Ybor, I had no idea how rewarding it would be but it's been nothing but great, even the not-so-beautiful nights (and there have been more than a few of those). Between meeting some really fine people like and having the chance to entertain audiences, it's been more than I could ever ask for.

I don't know when I go up for the second round of the tournament, but don't worry; as soon as I know, you'll know alllll about it.

In the meantime, huge, huge, huge thanks to everybody who came out. Your support means everything and you made this a truly special night for me.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

You were truly very funny, as always. Thanks fro the laughs! xxoo