Wednesday, August 05, 2015

What else I did last weekend

On Monday, I went on at length about what I did Sunday night. The Saturday prior was also an exciting day as I spent it officiating my second wedding. Regular readers will probably remember the first one which happened almost two years ago at Jimbo's. This one happened at Pass-A-Grille Beach in St. Petersburg and was quite an adventure.
Out of respect for the participants and their families, I'll just say that due to a number of near-impediments between the inclement weather (sideways torrential rain and wind), resultant bad traffic, some logistics confusion and unexpected scheduling difficulty, a wedding that was scheduled to start at 1:00 PM didn't happen until around 4. Throughout, I tried to be a calming influence, reminding everyone involved and present that between the bride, groom and myself, we had everything we needed to get the deal done and there was no way we weren't going to have a wedding. It may not have been as planned and everybody who was invited might not have been there, but there was going to be one more Mr. and Mrs. leaving Pass-A-Grille than had arrived there that day, damn it.

And of course, it did happen and everything turned out just fine. And thanks to the power vested in me by the internet and my own noble sacrifice (it was not a large scale affair so I waived my normal fee of an introduction to one of the more morally casual bridesmaids, although I was more than fairly compensated in terms of food and drink), these people can now legally eat cake...
Congratulations, Todd and Sandra!

And remember, I am available, undefeated (2-0), and currently taking bookings to serve as officiant at your next nuptial bliss ceremony!

No comments: