Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby, I'm a star!

Q: On what web site would you find out what Quentin Tarantino is working on, how many movies Tom Hanks has been in, a complete list of all the films Steven Spielberg has made and me?
A: The IMDB!


A couple of years ago, my dear friend Renee Warmack decided she wanted to make a film. She had no experience as a filmmaker. She just decided that she had a story to tell and making a film was the best way to do that. That film, "Ten at the Top in Tampa Bay", premiered on television, has been featured in several film festivals and is now listed on the Internet Movie Database, right there with "The Godfather", "Citizen Kane" and the entire "Police Academy" oeuvre. And as a result, so am I, coattails-rider that I am! I should probably send an email to Ron Howard and David Mamet letting them know...

Seriously, helping make "Ten at the Top..." was truly one of the greatest opportunities of my life. Not only did I get to work with Renee and see her vision come to life in the form of something positive and uplifting, I also got to work with my other non-biological sister Kelly Hickman. I was, and remain, humbled by the whole experience.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go Google my high school guidance counsellor; Somebody needs to know that they suck.

No comments: