Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everybody's a critic

Here's the way it usually works around here:

  • I wake up, take care of any prescient *ahem* hygiene issues, start coffee, turn on music and sit down at the computer.
  • I do on-line chores (balance check book, read email, look at Twitter, do FarmVille...I didn't say they were all real chores).
  • Then I start writing.
  • Soon, I'm joined by my little mama kitty cat (mother to three babies, who are all grown up and all still live with me), who may or may not choose to contribute by walking back and forth across the keyboard a couple of times (which has produced such brilliant prose as "jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj") before climbing on top of the monitor, getting comfortable and letting the waves of my creativity wash over her, accompanied by my mastery of the keyboard until she is in a completely blissed-out, contented, peaceful, zen trance.

That's most days.

And then, there are days like this:

1 comment:

Marissa said...

*snort*