Monday, March 08, 2010

I don't feel good

It's an old stereotype that when men get sick, they turn into little babies about it and act like they're dying. However, all stereotypes are rooted at least partially in truth and in my case, when it comes to this one, the roots run so deep that you could name a library after it. Usually, I get sick twice a year; once in the winter and once in the summer time, which really sucks, because then it's so hot, humid and disgusting that not only do I feel like I'm dying, I feel like I want to.
But I've been on a really nice streak since I had pneumonia (and almost did die, thank you) early last year and haven't been sick at all...until now. Anyway, I feel miserable and all I want to do is stay in bed, a lifestyle which doesn't lend itself to great (or even mediocre) writing so I'm going to be laying low for a day or two until this crud passes.
I do have some cool stuff I hope to share with you later this week, but until then I'm going to go sweat, freeze, hack and wheeze and visit the bathroom on my knees.
Take care and see ya when I see ya...unless you happen to have a nurse's uniform laying around and want to help me recover sooner, which would be awesome. Bring orange juice and Alka-Seltzer Plus.

2 comments:

RottenMom said...

Hope you feel better soon. You little baby.

Marissa said...

It totally stinks when you're single and no one is around to complain that they have to take care of your big baby ass when you're sick (and yeah, that's what happened when I did have someone living with me. He'd leave to avoid me.) Anyway, I hope you recover quickly. I don't have a nurse uniform, but I do have a lab coat. Will that suffice?