Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Show's over, folks

"The Beverly Hillbillies" closed Saturday night with a near sellout. People in Plant City ate that show up! There was even fleeting talk about extending it a week, which was shot down when contractual hassles were considered. This is the second time I've been in a wildly successful (from a box office standpoint) show, the last being "Grease" at TheatreWorks in Sarasota, which ran for close to two months.
At any rate, between the show being done and Relay For Life on a low boil until next year, I find myself facing a void with no projects to work on.
So what's next? Well, I don't know. Writing is an ongoing project of course, and lately I'm getting some push to do something on a larger scale than anything I've done before, something commercial, and that's intriguing. Total devotion to writing does not stimulate a lot of social interaction. But depending on how I feel on a given day, that can either be a plus or a minus.
I know I don't want to do any acting in a show where I have a role as small as what I had in "Hillbillies", unless there are exceptional circumstances and it's closer to home than Plant City. PCE's next show is "Brigadoon", a musical set in a magical Scottish village. I could have auditioned for a larger role in that but I'm not interested.
I'd really like to work on shooting a few short films I have written but I don't know if I can get other key people together for that to happen.
So I don't know. If you have something for me to do, let me know, will ya?

No comments: