Friday, November 06, 2015

Save the date, save money, save yourself...with LOLZ!

I just found out last night, my date for the second round of the stand-up comedy tournament at Side Splitters Comedy Club is...
Sunday, November 15 at 7 PM.
12938 North Dale Mabry Highway
Tampa, FL 33618
(813) 960-1197

The headliner that night will be Josh Sneed. He’s won a bunch of comedy competitions, had a special on Comedy Central and has opened for Dave Chappelle and Lewis Black among others.

The competition is into the second round now and the winner moves into the Sweet 16. My opponent will be Todd Stimmell. I've met him and I'm sorry to report that he's not a white supremacist or animal abuser. It would be so much easier to psych myself up for the competitive aspect of this whole thing if he were either or both of those things. But no. Both he and his wife Julie are nice people who have done good things on behalf of the Tampa Bay comedy scene. I mean, as far as I know. I've never actually personally seen either of them yell racial slurs at little baby ducklings. Hmm...

Anyway, discount tickets will be available some time tomorrow (Saturday, November 7) by CLICKING HERE. Make sure and use my initials (CB) to get the $5 price. I'm pretty sure those tickets normally go for $250 each (that's a ballpark estimate) so that's a considerable bargain.

So yeah, come on out next Sunday night to Side Splitters. It's just over a week away so prepare to be sick of hearing about it by then.
LAST TIME (August 16): "Yakkity yak yak blee bleh blah etc."

No comments: