- Accura; Drag & Drop - Car commercial. Boring. Also not new. Strike out. 15 for 30.
- Alltel; Wizard - Not a car commercial but see above. 15 for 31.
- Nissan; Murano - See above and above. 15 for 32.
- Mercedes; 2008 C-class - See above and above and above. 15 for 33.
- NFL Network; Get your story straight. Amusing but they've done it before. plus the NFL Network is inherently evil. Soft pop up. 15 for 34.
FINAL BATTING AVERAGE = .441. That is definitely a Hall Of Fame number in baseball. In advertising? Hmmm, not so sure. Overall, I'd have to say it was a disappointing crop this year.
The best: FedEx Pigeons.
Close runner up: Pepsi Justin Timberlake
The worst: The car commercials are terrible but you don't expect anything from them. Beer companies, on the other hand, usually bring their best material to the Superbowl. Budweiser has definitely done better work and Miller didn't even have an ad! So Bud and Miller share the dubious distinction.
Scratch that, I just caught another Sales Genie ad with a talking Chinese panda that recalled this brilliant piece of advertising:
Yeah, I changed my mind. Sales Genie is the worst.