Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Award, Schmaward

Sure, I may not have won this year's Best of the Bay Award from Creative Loafing, but I think I learned an important lesson that's just as valuable: I hate not winning awards.
No biggie. In a way, I'm glad I lost. That's right. For one thing, the pressure is off. No award = no award wining content. So who's the real loser here? Let's all think about that for another year, shall we? In the meantime, here are some pictures from last night's party..
There it is, the official announcement. Congrats to wednesday-music.com, Sticks of Fire and Artsqueeze. I guess. Whatever. It's not like I even care.

So many awards, so few with my name on them. Can I at least get a bite of that sandwich then? No? Damn it!

Crowd gathered around the stage to hear who won (hint: not me).

Me and best local singer/songwriter winner, the amazing Rebekah Pulley. Those who don't win take photos with winners. Rebekah is so gracious I didn't even have to pay her.

Leaving something behind at the Creative Loafing office...my cards. Hey, it's better than an upper decker!

  • All kidding aside, it really was a great event. Thank you to Creative Loafing for hosting and presenting and for this juicy little shout-out, which was really nice.
  • Thank you to my beloved sisters, the camera-shy K and R for going with me. It's impossible to measure how much their support has meant to me over all these years (we first met in the '40s). So while they think they were there last night because of me, the reality is that I was there because of them.
  • Lastly and most importantly thank you to everyone who takes time out of their real lives to visit this site and who think enough of it to actually cast votes for it in a popularity contest. That absolutely blows me away and flatters me so much that I can't even express it. I wish I could; I'd write a blog post about it. In lieu of that, I humbly offer more jokes about bad behavior and food in the future. Deal?
  • I love all y'all right now!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at it this way,if you had won(we didn't even place)you would have been listed under Best Divorce Lawyer.....

Jessie said...

you looked SHARP! :)

Unknown said...

Good point, Chris & Jon. Had not considered that.

Unknown said...

Jessie,
I'm pretty sure that's an illusion and I credit that to the presence of Ms. Pulley.