Monday, January 11, 2010

So long, me beloved Aunty

My Aunt Joan (pictured here with my Uncle Bob) passed away Saturday night after being really, really sick for some time.
I don't specifically remember the last time we spoke, but odds are we were poking fun at something, and with a high likelihood that it was something stupid one of us had done or at least observed.
As far as a lasting last memory goes, I know that's awfully vague but it's good enough for me.

Aunt Joan wasn't keen on the idea of funerals so there isn't going to be one. However, if you like feel like making a donation to the COPD Foundation, an organization that develops and supports programs which improve the quality of life through research, education, early diagnosis, and enhanced therapy for persons whose lives are impacted by Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, you can do so here.


As for me, I don't really feel up to being Funny Boy right now and I'm fully aware of what little value everyone finds in that notion, so I'm going to go off somewhere and submerge for a little while until I feel like putting on a silly hat again.

No comments: