Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ah! Wordplay!

I think I neglected to mention that The 23-Year-Old and I, who used to work together and then didn't, are working together again, although rarely there at the same time.
What makes our relationship so special? Why, it's the snappy patter, the witty repartee, the sly banter. It's like watching Nick and Nora Charles or an Edward Albee play.

Here's a recent text message conversation. It's been translated from text message to normal people language and the name of a mutual acquaintance* who may or may not have any teeth (she doesn't) has been altered but otherwise, is exactly as it occurred. Enjoy!




ME: Why do I have a book on Polish grammar in my inbox?

HER: I left it there. Ha ha! I found it today.

ME: I'm going to make a point of being seen reading it in public.

HER: Linda* wants you to talk to her in the language of love. Also known as Polish.

ME: Mushka bushka dushka deeshka

HER: See? That mess is lovely. Like music!

ME: Too bad you don't have a book to know what I said.

HER: It says "I like the way Linda's* lips curl around her gums." Oompa!

ME: You missed the part about a shiny rubber nurse's uniform. Kielbasa!

HER: Gross!!!

ME: Ha ha ha ha ha!!


See what I mean? They don't write dialogue like that in Hollywood anymore, kids.

3 comments:

The Mayor said...

Like I said "reality show in the making"....

Ruprecht said...

Sadly, that translation was dead on.

Skoal!

Marissa said...

It was like an episode of THE GILMORE GIRLS -- you being the pretty one, of course.