Sunday, May 17, 2009

This week's Clarketplace item

Miraculous hash browns! - $10 (Tampa) Reply to: sale-ncj9s-1175965459@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-17, 9:33PM EDT

We've all seen miraculous religious imagery with various holy figures showing up in unexpected places. Well, check out this geographical phenomenon! I was making breakfast the other day and was whipping up some hash browns (with cheese...so good!) and I looked down and saw a nearly perfect potato-ey manifestation of the cradle of civilization, Africa. It wasn't something I set out to do, it "just happened". Except I don't believe in this kind of thing "just happening". I think it means something...something meaningful...something important...but I don't know what. So I'm selling it, hopefully, to someone who can figure it out.
Maybe you're a geography teacher looking for a way to stimulate your students imaginations. Maybe you're hosting a dinner party to celebrate Africa or something and you need a centerpiece. Maybe you just like continents and hash browns with cheese on them (delicious!). Who can say? Not me, that's for sure.
Cash, checks, money orders all ok. FREE DELIVERY!
Location: Tampa
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


LAST WEEK'S ITEM: Orange creme soda!
No response. Nobody in Tampa Bay was thirsty enough to drink this gunk. I don't mind though. My sincere hope is that nobody in Tampa Bay will EVER be thirsty enough to drink this gunk.

No comments: